Covid-19 Academy Update - June 9th
On June 8th, the Department of Health announced their guidelines for recreational facilities to reopen under Alert Level 3. The Youth Committee et on June 8th to discuss the guidelines and put forward our plan to restart our program. Listed below is our plan of attack until Alert Level 2 comes into effect:
- We have to present to the City of St. John’s our plans to reopen King George V. Our plans include the guidelines set down by the Department of Health. Our goal is to work with the City and have permission to reopen by week’s end.
- Players in Under 7, 8 & 9 divisions will not start until Alert Level 2 comes into effect. After much discussion, we felt that under the current guidelines of Alert Level 3, having our youth players return to play would be very difficult at this time.
- Players in Under 11, 13, 15 & 17 divisions will start practicing shortly. Our aim is to have these practices up and running no later than June 15.
- Once we receive permission to use King George V, you will receive a practice schedule outlining times and rules and regulations you must follow when you enter the field. This memo will be sent out by Friday, June 12.
- A few things that we do know at this time is that only 20 players/coaches will be allowed on the field at a time, and players must show up at the field completely ready to go as no change room facilities will be open during Alert Level 3. Players will have access to washroom facilities.
In conclusion, once you receive the guidelines on start-up, all rules must be followed.