Frequently Asked Questions
1. When does registration open & close?
2. What is the cost of House League?
$175.00 Under 7 – Under 15 (8 week program)
$175.00 Micro U4, U5 & U6 (8 week program)
4. What happens if I miss the registration deadline
If you forget to register prior to the registration deadline, your name will be placed on a wait list. Please note there is no guarantee that a space will become available.
5. What age group do I register my child for?
Click here to find out what age group to register your child in.
6. What nights and locations will my child play?
Click here to find the nights and locations your child will play.
7. When does House League for Under 7- Under 15 start & finish?
House League for Under 7 - Under 15 begins Monday, June 28, 2021, and runs until Thursday, August 19, 2021.
8. When does House League "Timbits" Micro (U4, U5 & U6) start & finish?
House League for Micro "Timbits" Under 4, Under 5 & Under 6 begins Monday, June 28, 2021 and runs until Thursday, August 19, 2021.
9. When will teams and schedules be posted?
Team lists and schedules will be posted on our club website on Saturday, June 19, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
10. What is the refund policy?
A refund is issued, if requested, fourteen days prior to the program start date. After that, partial refunds are issued only for medical reasons (doctor's note required). Refunds are not issued after the program end date.
11. Can I request my child to be on a team with other players or a particular coach?
Due to the large number for participants involved in our House League program we do not accept requests to play with other players or coaches.
12. When does Skills n' Drills start?
Skills n' Drills" will start on Friday, July 2, 2021 and run each Friday until August 13, 2021.
13. What is Skills n' Drills & when does it start and end?
These sessions are run by our own staff on Fridays. Sessions will be focused on progressive skill development and allow our players an opportunity to expand on their knowledge of the game and increase their confidence on the field outside of their weekly house league games.
Parents & guardians are not required to stay for the duration of the session, but are required to sign their children in with our staff at drop off and sign them out at pick up. Parents & guardians must pick up their child on time.
Sessions for our U7-U11 participants (Boys and Girls) will take place at Ayre Athletic Grounds (Upper) Field from 9:00-11:00.
Sessions for our U13-U15 participants (Boys and Girls) will take place at Ayre Athletic Grounds (Lower) Field (on Pennywell Road) from 12:00-2:00.
14. What equipment do participants need?
Each registered player is provided with a jersey, however the player is responsible to have soccer socks, athletic shorts/pants, soccer cleats and shin guards.
15. When will participants receive their jersey?
Players will receive their jersey at their first session.
16. What happened if there is a rain day / weather cancellation?
- All weather-related soccer cancellations will be posted on the main page of our club website (www.sjsoccer.ca).
- For Micro (U4-U6), a decision will be made by 11:00 am. A notification will only be posted if sessions are cancelled.
- For evening games (U7-U15) a notification will be on the website by 4:00 pm. A notification will only be posted if sessions are cancelled.
- For "Skills n' Drills" on Fridays a notice will be put on our website by 7:30 am. A notification will only be posted if sessions are cancelled.
17. Is there soccer on Canada Day or Regatta Day?
There is NO soccer on Canada Day and Regatta Day.
18. How can I get involved in coaching my child's team?
Click here for coaching information.